Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Overreaction
Heard on my voicemail at noon, as I walked into my office at SMU. Voice of Miss Sharon, ST's preschool teacher.

Miss Sharon: ... and anyway, no need to be concerned, but ST has been pulling on his ear all day long and has complained more than once that it hurt. He's playing just great, but I thought you should know...

I delete the message and make a call to ST's pediatrician, who has a single appointment left for the afternoon. I take it, thinking that if ST does have an ear infection, I'd better get it resolved before Thanksgiving, when his best friend in the whole world is visiting.

At the pediatrician's office, 1:30pm.

Doctor: So, ST, you have a sore ear today?

ST: (bouncing a little and grinning, because this doctor is silly and he knows it) Um, yeah. It just hurts a little on the left.

Doctor: Hmmm. Why do you think that is?

ST: (pause, very serious look on his face) Well, doctor... I think it's cancer.

Doctor has to turn his head to keep from laughing right in ST's face -- I am not so discreet. Turns out ST's ear is perfectly fine (he's never had an ear infection in his life) but honestly, where does he get this stuff?
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 11/21/2006 09:31:00 PM  
2 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Jeannette said…

    De-lurking to say that ST cracks me up AGAIN!

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Prisca said…

    Love that boy and THRILLED to hear he was infection (and cancer) free. What a kid! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER