Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Monday, October 16, 2006
The Great Preschool Songbook
In our Honda, 3:35pm today. ST humming something in his carseat.

Me: ST, what's that song you're humming?

ST: It's a song that we sing in preschool. It's a song for kids.

Me: Really? Can you sing it for me?

ST: Sure. (Sings) It had to be you.... it had to be you... I stumbled around and finally found somebody who....

Me: That's not a preschool song. That's a love song.

ST: Yes, it is. I know I love it.

(Later that afternoon he started singing snippets of "I'll Be Seeing You." Turns out they're listening to the Rod Stewart Great American Songbook CD in preschool -- I called to find out! I can't stand Rod Stewart, but at least he's learning the standards, which is what we play at home anyway when we're not listening to NPR. Anything to keep him away from the garbage that is Justin Timberlake!)

For phdme: what the heck is up with Sting these days? First a crappy, sappy duet with Sheryl Crow (shoot me now!) and now crazy LUTE music? I guess once you've made it to the top you can afford to get weird.
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 10/16/2006 10:46:00 PM  
4 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger phd me said…

    What?!? Evidently, I've been living under a rock; I haven't heard the duet or the lute (lute?) music - I'm on it now, though. O Sting, why does it appear you have forsaken me and all the vestiges of good taste?

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger phd me said…

    Okay, I've scouted the new stuff out at iTunes. I can live with the duet; sometimes I like cheesy music (sorry!) and he has such a beautiful voice. That said, what is up with the LUTE? I get the urge for musicians to prove their abilities in other genres (every heavy metal band has a ballad, after all) but this is...shall we say...reaching? Evidently, the BBC loves it, though!

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Aliki2006 said…

    I love the "I love it!" comment ST made...! I have to confess a soft spot for Sting. He could probably play the washboard and blow on a kazoo and I would love him!

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger betty said…

    i love ST, absolutely love him! so funny!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER