Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Mistaken Identity
Yesterday, Smallish Midwestern University's Student Center, ID Card Office:

Me: Hi! I need to get an ID card. Can you help me with that?

Student Worker: Sure. (Fumbles through some papers and then looks up at me.) Have you registered for all of your fall semester classes yet?

Me: (smiling) Well, no... but I'll be teaching a few of them.

Student Worker: (embarrassed) Oh, I'm so sorry, Professor!

Even though the student was embarrassed (even after I assured her I was not offended), her mistake (as well as the notation of "Faculty" in big letters on my plastic ID card) made me smile for the rest of the day.
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 8/15/2006 01:23:00 PM  
3 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Lilian said…

    Well, I'd take that as a compliment too!! :)

    (I don't know about now - that's probably not true anymore, but I'm short and skinny and people always thought I was way younger than I was, like 13 when I was 19, or 15 when I was 20-something. Sometimes I thought it was slightly annoying, but I kind of liked it :)

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory said…

    That is a nice mistake to have her make...

    Hubby recently confused the system at his new school -- having been first a student, then (briefly) staff, and now faculty. His new ID made him a little sad because he compared the new photo to the old one and noticed his hair loss.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Aliki2006 said…

    De-lurking (again) to tell you I've been enjoying your blog--especially the house-hunting/settling into new house posts (I love the pictures you've been posting of the work-in-progress). Congrats on your new ID--what a thrill!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER