Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Honesty
Today, our kitchen, 2:30pm, baking chocolate chip cookies for the neighbors.

Me: (demonstrating how to measure flour correctly) ... and so then you just use this butter knife to get the excess flour off the top of the measuring cup. See? Then it's flat and you know you have just enough flour for the cookies.

ST: I get it, Mom. Can I try it?

Me: (jokingly) Sure, but first you have to say, "Mom, you are a super-genius."

ST: (very seriously) No, Mom. I just think you're crazy.
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 8/08/2006 09:24:00 PM  
3 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Lilian said…

    Oh kids, they're such a joy!! I have to write down more of the things my sons say.

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger phd me said…

    Absolutely priceless!

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Peri said…

    He's a peach, that one!

    How come you're taking cookies to the neighbors? Aren't they supposed to bring them to YOU?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER