Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Friday, June 09, 2006
Why Proofread?
I was reading through Chapter Three of the dissertation this morning before breakfast, and came upon this sentence:

"I have put forward five hypotheses that direct the case studies that follow in Chapters Five, Six, and Seven. These case studies cover court casennnnnnnn jskldfjslk99999s that originated LDKJFWIOERU@#$& and were referred to the WOEUIRWOEIRUjjjjjjjjjjJSLKDFJ uling. In this chapter I have also outlined how I examine the cases and what sources I used to construct them."

Indeed, all of the documents that were open on my computer last night were plagued by this strange gibberish. There could be only one explanation.

"ST!" I called downstairs to him. "Were you on my computer again?"

He ran upstairs to my office to explain. "I couldn't sleep in my bed last night and so I did some work for you."

Note to self: completely shut-down computer before retiring to bed.
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 6/09/2006 01:57:00 PM  
2 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Dr. Mon said…

    GASP!! Oh my goodness. ST has me in a panic over here--did he take anything out? Is everything ok??

    Ok, I'm breathin. Ok.

    *My computer is set to go to StandBy after X minutes and then asks for my password when I touch the mouse to power it back up. You could try that to keep lil boys out.

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Lilian said…

    Hmmmm!! Funny but pretty scary as well. Mon's strategy is the best one. I have to be more careful from now on as well - since I have TWO little boys :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER