Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Friday, June 30, 2006
Active Academic
The new academic community blog, an idea hatched just days ago, is up and running. You can find it here.

I'm still not thrilled with the template, and have been trying to find one that is more interesting and allows me to organize the posts in some other way than chronologically. Nonetheless, there are three posts there now for your reading pleasure: a welcome post, a post about grocery list making and meal-planning, and a wonderful piece by Ragey on her weight-loss journey. Look for posts with healthy recipes coming later this week.

If anyone is a website expert and would like to handle the design of the site, I am more than willing to allow your creative side to run wild. I was looking for a food- or exercise-themed site, but didn't find anything inspiring. If you think you'd like to take on this design project, let me know by sending me an email to my address in the left sidebar.

If you left me a comment or email indicating that you'd like to contribute to the new blog, you will receive an official "invite" in the next few days. I'd also love to know what you'd like to write about so that I could organize the blog, at least in the beginning: do you have an inspirational story? advice about balancing work/home life? tips to for de-stressing? great healthy recipes? a link to an interesting article or review of a book that could be useful to all of us? healthy habits or organizational tips that help you? If so, I'd love to hear from you.

But now, time to preapre for the four-day MIL visit. Fortunately, she's the Queen of Healthy Eating, so I may come out of this visit with some very useful information!
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 6/30/2006 02:57:00 PM  
0 Words of Wisdom:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER