Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Friday, May 12, 2006
Tick, Tick, Tick
Getting down to the wire here dissertation-wise, and I still have a crazy amount of work to do. I started revisions last week but didn't get very far, and now I'm working on Chapter Three, which is the most revision-heavy of all eight chapters. My goal is to finish the revisions by Tuesday of next week, and then set down to the task of writing the conclusion (which I am not looking forward to in the least). We are probably heading back to New Town next Friday to continue the house-hunt, and I'd love to have a full draft I'm satisfied with by that time. We'll see.

In non-dissertation-related news, T told his employer on Tuesday that he's leaving. The reaction was far better than he anticipated, and he expects that they'll let him stay on through the summer if he wants to. That made him happy, and he now also feels more free to continue his search for a job in Midwestern State. (He has one lead that, if it works out, will be more evidence of the Divine in our lives than our neighbors buying our house.) At any rate, it's nice not to feel like we're hiding something from people we care about.

And finally, a bit of wisdom from ST I forgot to share: on Sunday, as we were making the five-hour trek home from New Town, ST kept calling out from the back seat, "Hey, Dad! Dad! DAD! Look at me! Look what I'm doing!" T explained to ST that he was driving and couldn't turn around to look. ST persisted. Finally, I turned around and said, "ST, Dad cannot look at you right now because he's driving. Do you see all of these semis around us? If Dad doesn't pay attention to the road, we could crash into one of them." ST's reply: "Oh, that's OK Mom. Our Honda has airbags."

Hmm.
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 5/12/2006 09:51:00 AM  
2 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Peri said…

    I think the people at American Honda would be VERY pleased to know that your son has so much confidence in their product! He kills me...

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger ArticulateDad said…

    LOL. I love this kid. Too bad the airbags are inside. Maybe you should show ST a video of the landing of the Mars rovers... bouncing all over the place. I'm sure he'd get a kick out of that.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER