Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Ubiquitous ABC Meme
Seen everywhere (except at Articulate Dad's -- have you ever done a meme, AD?).

Accent: There are a few words I say that reveal me as someone from "up North."

Booze: I really enjoy sweet German wines like Riesling or Gewuerztraminer, and if I have anything aside from wine it would be an Amaretto Sour.

Chore I Hate: I actually really like to clean (sick freak), although mopping/sweeping are definitely at the bottom of my list.

Dog or Cat: Cat, Belle, adopted from the Humane Society in Western State.

Essential Electronics: Laptop and digital camera.

Favorite Cologne: I don't like too many, but I have found a few that I can wear without feeling sick: Kenneth Cole's Black for Women, and White Musk from The Body Shop. On men, my favorite is Reaction by Kenneth Cole (it's what T wears).

Gold or Silver: Silver, definitely.

Hometown: Up North.

Insomnia: Not too often.

Job Title: Mom, ABD Graduate Student, Assistant Professor-to-be.

Kids: one son, ST (3 years old).

Living arrangements: 3BD, 2.5BA house we adore and must leave to move to Midwestern State.

Most admirable traits: I'm very positive, on the whole.

Number of sexual partners: One.

Overnight hospital stays: Once when I was three and had pneumonia, and then again when I delivered ST.

Phobias: I don't know if this is a "phobia," but collections of small circles make me queasy. I cannot, for example, eat couscous (although I enjoy the taste), cannot look at people with rashes if those rashes are collections of small bumps, cannot look at a color-blindness test, etc. The split peas I used last week for soup gave my stomach a churning, but it was OK because the circles were irregular. Sometime after 9/11, there was a photo in our newspaper of someone suffering from smallpox. I saw it and threw up immediately. A few minutes later, T called from work to warn me about the photo but it was too late. Now that I think of it, a more "general" phobia might be skin diseases. I could NEVER be a dermatologist.

Quote: "Madam, I have been looking for someone who dislikes gravy all of my life. Let us swear eternal friendship." (Sydney Smith) This quote, while not terribly profound, always makes me smile. My real favorite quote is discipline-specific, so I won't include it here.

Religion: Practicing, but relatively liberal, Roman Catholic.

Siblings: Two, Julie (28) and Rob (23).

Time I wake up: on ST's schedule, usually between 6:30am and 7:15am.

Unusual talent or skill: I'm a pretty good multi-tasker, although I'm not sure that this is unusual.

Vegetable I hate: Okra. It always looks sticky, and it has a lot of little circles (see "P"). To be honest, I've never even tried it because of those two facts. I like most other vegetables, though, aside from carrots.

Worst habit: Procrastination!

X-rays: Teeth.

Yummy foods I make: I love to cook and bake, so this list would be long! My specialties of the moment are Wild Rice Soup, Italian Potato Cake, Black Bean Soup, and any kind of cupcake.

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius. I don't know much about the signs of the Zodiac, so I'm not sure if it fits or not.
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 4/26/2006 12:34:00 PM  
1 Words of Wisdom:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER