Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Language Lesson
ST: Mom, how do you say "bed" in German?

Me: Das Bett.

ST: How do you say "door" in German?

Me: Die Tuer.

ST: Mom, how do you say "table" in German?

Me: Der Tisch.

(Pause)

ST: Mom... how do you say "Jehosephat" in German?

(!)

Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 4/25/2006 10:56:00 PM  
4 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Peri said…

    Do we have a budding biblical scholar on our hands? What on earth has ST been listening to? He's so cute. :) I wish my kids would ask about German words....

    p.s. I'm hoping today is make apple bars day!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger ArticulateDad said…

    I'm just wondering what Jehosephat was planning to do with the bed, the door, and the table. We won't go there, eh?

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Prof. Me said…

    Oooh, Peri! You will love the apple bars, and your kids can help. It's a totally easy recipe (and fun, too).

    I think ST had Jehosephat on the brain indirectly because of Sesame Street. Our daycare provider has the kids watch it in the morning to find out what the letter of the day is, and then they practice that letter for the rest of the day. Apparently, it was "J" the other day, and our daycarer kept saying, "Jumpin' Jehosephat!" And ST, being the mimic that he is, hasn't let go of it.

    No biblical scholars here, I'm afraid, although I will note with some pride that, after Communion at Mass each Sunday, ST marches up to the statue of Jesus we pass on the way back to our seats, taps the statue on the toes, and says, "Hey! Thanks Jesus!"

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Peri said…

    ST is one cool kid. I hope he can always access that spirit of gratefulness for the eucharist. What a sweetie pie!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER