Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Thursday, April 20, 2006
He's Baaaaack!
Tonight, while riding his Big Wheel along the sidewalk, ST announced that he was going to work. When I asked him what kind of work he did, he said that he was "going to help his clients" (a phrase stolen directly from T, of course). He then introduced me to his new (imaginary) friend: New York City (who was formerly a Lego fireman). He's back, and this time he's one of ST's friends who "helps clients" by giving them M&Ms. Apparently, New York City said that ST was out of M&Ms at his "office" ("office" = the fire hydrant at the end of our cul-de-sac), and ST said, "No, I bringed some more M&Ms with me, New York City!" I corrected him by saying, "No, brought." Without missing a beat, ST told New York City that yes, he bringed some brats, too, and with ketchup.

*****

In other news, Chapter Seven is coming along nicely. I'm still plugging away, and am going to get back to it now. The light at the end of this dark, twisting tunnel is growing bigger and brighter with each passing day.

*****

And in yet other news, I discovered that I really don't like Split Pea Soup. The only reason I made it was to get rid of my Easter hambone -- I will not go through the trouble again. Of course, now I have 18,652 gallons of split pea soup (excellent soup, according to T) sitting in my refrigerator, so if you come over to my house, come hungry.
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 4/20/2006 10:07:00 PM  
3 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 1:36 AM, Blogger ArticulateDad said…

    Sorry, I've always hated split pea soup. I've known that for a while. On the other hand, I adore your little boy, brats, ketchup, and all. I think he and The Painter would get along great.

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger BrightStar said…

    I totally love this ST story! :)

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Before Easter I printed three different recipes with corresponding shopping lists for leftover ham. Today I have week-old ham in my fridge that needs to be thrown out.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER