Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Monday, March 20, 2006
Music Meme I Wasn't Going To Do
I wasn't going to do this meme because I didn't think mine would be interesting, or at least not as interesting as hers. And it's not totally interesting, but it was fun to do anyway. I had iTunes up on my computer to get myself psyched for doing some work today despite my illness, and so I figured I'd give it a go. It's funny how the songs actually do seem to answer the questions sometimes!

You're supposed to set your music player of choice to "shuffle" and then answer the following questions:

How does the world see me?
Ac-Cen-Tchu-Ate the Positive (Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters); good!

Will I have a happy life?
Excuse Me, Mister (No Doubt); huh?

What do my friends think of me?
Little Miss Can't Be Wrong (Spin Doctors); the actual first song that came up on shuffle was a classical piece by Ravel. I don't think classical music works too well for this meme. I found the Spin Doctors result pretty funny since that WAS my actual nickname at one point in my life.

Do people secretly lust after me?
This Love (Maroon 5)

How can I make myself happy?
Smooth (Santana and Rob Thomas); what the heck? Maybe make myself a smoothie?

What should I do with my life?
Cool (Gwen Stefani); another hard-to-interpret result

Will I ever have children?
Tomorrow We'll See (Sting); funny result!

What is some good advice for me?
Wake Up (Alanis Morrissette); another one that originally came up with a classical piece (a Scottish dance by Malcolm Arnold), but "Wake up!" is good advice for today.

How will I be remembered?
I've Got a Great Idea (Harry Connick, Jr.); awesome!

What is my signature dancing song?
Manhattan (Stacey Kent); hmmm. I don't really dance, unless it's waltzing.

What do I think is my current theme song?
The Best Is Yet To Come (Frank Sinatra); another good one!

What does everyone think my theme song is?
Kind and Generous (Natalie Merchant); hurray for me.

What song will play at my funeral?
Over the Rainbow (Jane Monheit); hey, this would be a great one!

What type of men do I like?
Mysterious Ways (U2); interesting, and T is definitely mysterious sometimes.

What is my day going to be like?
Upside Down (Jack Johnson, from the Curious George soundtrack); this song makes me smile, so I think it's a good one for the day. It's also ST's current favorite song.



Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 3/20/2006 12:28:00 PM  
0 Words of Wisdom:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER