Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Fractured Nursery Rhymes
ST has discovered rhyming, and now loves to hear poems (Shel Silverstein) and nursery rhymes every night before bed. We cycled through "Humpty Dumpty" for a few days, followed by "Hickory-Dickory-Dock," and two nights ago I recited "Little Miss Muffett" for him before bed. The child has the best memory of anyone I've ever met, and so I wasn't shocked when, after hearing the rhyme only once, he started reciting it yesterday while we were eating dinner.

"Little Miss Muffett sat on a tuffett..."

He put special emphasis on "Muffett" and "tuffett," as if to show me that he understood that these were the special rhyming words.

"Eating her curves and waves."

Curves and waves, curds and whey -- whatever. Then something went horribly wrong.

"Along came a spider... and crawled up her leg. And then she screamed, 'Someone get this spider off of me!' But the spider crawled on her face and she ate it. And then she ran home."
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 3/07/2006 10:26:00 AM  
8 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger phd me said…

    Oh, that's priceless! And a little gross, but I still laughed out loud!

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    Love it!

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger ArticulateDad said…

    Classic.

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger MusicalMom said…

    ROFL!!!! Having girls, I never get to hear that side of things. That's just priceless.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    LOL..love it!!! Isnt this age the best fun!!!

    Enjoy!!!

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Peri said…

    I love it. Wait until you get to the knock-knock jokes that don't make any sense but still crack ST up. The joy with which these stories and jokes are told is priceless! Thanks for sharing. :)

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Prof. Me said…

    Peri, the jokes have started, and they are bad.

    "Knock, knock!"

    "Who's there?"

    "Duane."

    "Duane who?"

    "Duane... I'm in the bathtub and I forgot my towel!"

    (Supposed to be "Duane the bathtub, I'm dw-owning!")

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Peri said…

    That's hilarious! And actually you could connect the dots to see where the joke went wrong. I love it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER