Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Thursday, February 02, 2006
See You Monday!
Today has been frantic, and I'm only posting because I don't think I'll have a chance to post again until Monday morning or early afternoon. My parents are coming today to spend the weekend with ST while T and I head for our mini-vacation to New Town. We're really excited to go, but all of the preparations for both our departure and my parents' arrival fall squarely on my shoulders, and there's so much to be done.

So far, I've taken the Honda to the dealership to get it checked out before the warranty expires on Friday, done three loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and the bathrooms, changed the sheets on our bed, and tidied the office/guest bedroom. I still have to finish with the office and dust it (T calls my home office "the pit of despair"), mop the floor in the laundry room (pre-schoolers who "help" with the laundry do not equal a clean laundry room) pack, and do some advance preparations for dinner tonight. It's 12:30pm and I'm exhausted already.

And I still feel cruddy. Backache, headache, neckache, sour stomach. Grr. Wish that would stop.

And I still haven't finished my stupid chapter, although I'm on the last bit. It's already 32 pages long and I feel like I have a lot more to say. I'm tempted to just send it off as is, just so my advisors have something to read from me.

But at any rate, I'm glad that this was a productive week for me and that it will end in New Town, where T and I can scope the place out and just have time to be a couple. I'm looking forward to seeing a few movies and enjoying a few dinners out, doing some shopping in peace and sleeping in. With that, a wonderful weekend to all of you, and I'll write again on Monday!
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 2/02/2006 12:22:00 PM  
4 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Dr. Mon said…

    Wait, you drive a Honda too? Geez.

    Sorry you aren't feeling 100%--sending you lots of well wishes!!

    Have a great time in New Town and enjoy yourself--don't worry about that ol' chapter okay?!

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger phd me said…

    Wait, do all three of us drive Hondas, the car of champions? Whee!

    Have a wonderful time in New Town! I predict the cruddiness will dissapate as soon as you get there and start planning your new life. :)

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger MusicalMom said…

    Good luck and have a lot of fun!!!!! I hope you start feeling better soon.

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a fantastic time away!!!! Enjoy the time with your gorgeous hubby and just reeelaaaaaxxxx....!!!

    Cant wait to hear how it went!!!

    Love Nic
    (Australia)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER