Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Monday, February 13, 2006
It's Not Just Women, You Know
Someone please tell me that I'm right here, even if I can't prove it scientifically: men are hormonal, too. Honestly, there should be some way to describe male hormonal "phases" in the same way we can refer to a woman's PMS. I'm ony asking because T -- and you all know that the vast majority of the time he's a gem -- is driving me absolutely insane with his crankiness, sulking, and snippiness lately. I just want to scream (preferably at him, but that wouldn't be too productive now, would it).

Maybe I'll just give him a Midol or Pamprin with supper instead.

BRAINSTORM: I've come up with the term to describe this: "Manopause." Why didn't I think of it before? It's sheer genius!
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 2/13/2006 02:56:00 PM  
3 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger ArticulateDad said…

    I've never run a schedule on it. Maybe you should track him, like on your calendar starts here --- ends here that sort of thing. Maybe it's monthly. Or may he's from Mars... you'll have to check on the circadia of Mars... I think it's about 2/3 an earth day. How many months per earth year would that be? ;)

     
  • At 3:03 AM, Blogger Nic said…

    Uuurgggh....dont you just had when they get like this..lol..

    Even though it dosen't happen very often, they still seem to make it feel like its been happening for days..lol..

    My Dh is like that, when he gets moody (mainly because of work) its very frustrating!!! All I want to do is punch him and tell him to grow up...lol.. But alas...I can't...just have to grit my teeth and soldier on!!!

    So yes, I do agree that men do have some sort of PMS... :)

    Hang in there!!!

    Love Nic

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger phd me said…

    Spot on! I completely believe in manopause but I would posit their cycles are more irregular, which increases my need to scream - you can't figure out when one's coming!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER