Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Housekeeping
I'm working on revisions for Chapters One and Three this week, and so I apologize for my lack of well-constructed blog posts. This is another housekeeping-type post, and a mostly selfish one: a to-do list for the week and a meal plan that I neglected to post on Sunday.

To Do This Week
  • Chapter One Revisions (introductory section, especially) DONE
  • Chapter Three Revisions (hypotheses section) POSTPONED*
  • Grocery shopping (Wednesday with ST) DONE
  • Ironing for T (Wednesday during ST's nap) POSTPONED (I napped, too!)
  • Proof draft of T's cover letter DONE
  • Proof draft of my brother's personal statement for grad school applications DONE
  • Draft syllabus for intro course (Friday afternoon) STARTED
  • ST's laundry (get squash soup stain out of his dress shirt!) DONE
Meal Plan (in no particular order)
  • Enchilada Soup (great recipe using masa, adapted from my Mom's collection)
  • Hamburgers (T's request) with fruit salad and cottage cheese
  • Pan-fried Salmon Cakes (getting geared up for Lent) and Green Salad
  • Chef's Salads and Homemade Applesauce
  • Wild Rice Soup (to use the rest of the ham from the Chef's Salads)
  • Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup and Egg Salad Sandwiches
  • Dessert: Cinnamon-Streusel Coffee Cake
And speaking of food, it's time for lunch.

*I decided to touch up my statistical overview chapter, Chapter Four, instead. Touching up the hypotheses is easier when I can refer to the updated statistics.
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 2/14/2006 11:38:00 AM  
4 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger Dr. Mon said…

    While I understand you have this beautiful family and all....

    WHERE ARE YOU??!! (Had to get u back for that last time you called me out). Hope you had a good day with ST!

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Prof. Me said…

    MON!

    Well, my dear, THAT is a funny comment from one who has not posted since February 13. Yep, I'm checking on you, too, lady!

    (Actually, I haven't really had anything interesting to say. Or I have thought of interesting things and promptly forgotten them. More likely the latter. And then there's this whole dissertation gig, but let's not talk about that...!)

    Will do a proper post soon, provided that YOU DO, TOO. :)

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Dr. Mon said…

    Umm, I've been postin up a storm--you might need to refresh ur browswer over there. You really haven't seen any of my posts on th 14th and 15th? Hmmmm....

    And it's ok to take a blog break--just checkin on ya!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Prof. Me said…

    Hey, Mon!

    Hmmm, something strange is afoot in blogland. I only saw your new posts today -- very weird. Left you a note there...

    Although I'm loving Firefox, it's been doing some funky things to webpages of late.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER