Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Sunday, January 08, 2006
Five Weird Things
As requested by ABD Me:

1.) Unlike ABD Me, I have an uncanny ability to remember numbers. It drives my husband nuts that I never write down my purchases in the checkbook but can just rattle off how much I spent at various locations, right to the penny. He can read off a random number from our checkbook and I'll remember where we spent that amount. I'm also good with phone numbers, social security numbers (used to freak people out when I worked in HR!), addresses, and dates.

2.) I can almost guarantee that I will fall asleep during any science fiction-type movie. The Matrix? Snore. Any of the Star Wars movies? Never got past the first fifteen minutes. Lord of the Rings? Nope. Harry Potter? Never made it past the opening passage. There's just something about movies whose themes are things that can't really happen that bores me to death, I guess.

3.) I did not wear jeans to school until I was in 11th grade. Although I wear jeans at least twice a week now, I still don't like feeling "grubby."

4.) I have a small collection of city maps, mostly European city maps. I could look at maps for hours, memorizing the street names and how to get to different places.

5.) I still have my original toothfairy pillow. It's pale yellow with lace around the edges, and has a little pocket in the middle with a rosebud on it. My Mom made it for me. I found it yesterday when cleaning out our basement -- there was still a tooth in it!

I'm tagging whoever hasn't done this yet -- notably ABDmom and BAIT.
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 1/08/2006 01:26:00 PM  
3 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger ABDmom said…

    OK, I did it.

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger phd me said…

    Ooo, I like the maps. Do you have any framed?

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Prof. Me said…

    No, I haven't framed any of them... yet. I always have one street map of the European town I lived in as an undergrad tacked to my bulletin board above my desk, however. I like looking at it and remembering all of the great times I had there, remembering the little shops, the parks, and the houses of my friends. I will definitely frame some of the more artful ones at some point, though!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER