Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Saturday, December 17, 2005
To the Nice and Handsome Man in 12C
Yes, after I shook your hand and we said goodbye, I was indeed able to catch my flight home. Turns out my flight wasn't listed correctly on the airport information screens -- it didn't actually leave until 5:25pm, so I was the last one to board. Whew!

I wish you much joy and success in your personal "Manhattan," and I want you to know that I was genuinely impressed with your wit, your charm, and your smooth Matthew McConaghey-esque Southern-tinged accent. Thanks for making me feel pretty, smart, and special during our short flight. It does wonders for a girl's ego. Thanks for noticing my cute (but impractical for dashing through overcrowded airports) Mary Janes.

Mostly, however, thanks for proving to me that I was right about one important thing: there isn't just ONE person out there for everyone, just ONE singular soul who can make you feel happy and complete. I am fortunate that I have already found one of the world's people who can make me feel that way, my darling husband T, the man I will always share my life with. Although I hardly knew you, Mr. 12C ("the Exit Row Guy" -- indeed, we never even exchanged names), I am nearly certain that you were another possibility for my life. I am glad that I met you. I wouldn't change my current life for the world, but it is fun to get a tiny glimpse at one road not taken.
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 12/17/2005 05:58:00 PM  
4 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger BrightStar said…

    Those kinds of connections are fun.

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger phd me said…

    Ooo, ooo, send him my way - he must be great if he gets your stamp of approval. :)

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger jo(e) said…

    I love those glimpses ....

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Demetri said…

    Thanks, that was a really neat and brave thing to write.

    There is a lot of joy in the world.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER