Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Professor.... ME?
Guess who just got a job offer from Smallish Midwestern University?

Yikes.
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 12/20/2005 08:26:00 PM  
19 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Daniel Nexon said…

    Congratulations!!!

    Of course, I'm now starting to wonder about your true identity because I think I have a pretty good idea what discipline you're in :-).

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Prof. Me said…

    Same discipline, different subfield, Dan!

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Dr. Mon said…

    Yes--YOU!! Congratulations!! How are you feeling??? I need more info than YIKES!?

    Now you should really be EXUBERANT!!

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Prof. Me said…

    Too funny, Mon! I'm excited, yes, but quite frankly it all feels a bit surreal. The Dean called this evening to say that I was the "unanimous choice" of the department, and he also told me that the chair of the department said he "knew right away" that I was the one they wanted. That made me feel pretty good. Since it's a state school I was worried about the salary -- but that turned out to be pretty decent, too. Overall, a good thing!

    I have until January 6 to accept or decline. My husband and I now have A LOT to think about over our Christmas vacation!

    Thanks for being excited for me, Mon. That means a lot to me!

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Anonymous New Kid on the Hallway said…

    Congratulations!

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger La Lecturess said…

    Congratulations! That's fantastic news. I hope this makes your Xmas (bracelet kerfuffle or no) that much brighter. You deserve it!

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger ABDmom said…

    OMG!!!!!!!

    What a fabulous Christmas present! This is amazing!

    Wow! I am so excited for you--just look at all the exclamation points! :) I can't help it, though. Wow, wow, WOW!!!

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger Demetri said…

    congratulations. that's really amazing. let me know what happens. have an incredible and enlightening vacation and take all the advice that you can stand.

     
  • At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Tracy!!! Thats Fantastic!!!!

    Congratulations!!!!!!



    Nic (australia)

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How exciting!!!!!!

    Congratulations... and have a great holiday thinking over the possibilities

    :) Leah and Lucas

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Bewildered Academic said…

    Woo-hoo! Mega congratulations to you!!!

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger phd me said…

    This is GREAT news!!!! Congratulations!!! I am SO happy for you!!!!. Can't wait to hear how the discussions with T go over the holiday!!!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger BrightStar said…

    I'm late on this, but YAY!

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger ScienceWoman said…

    Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you. It's good to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger jo(e) said…

    Congratulations!

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger academic coach said…

    Yipeee! Kudos and Congrats. Do tell us more. (or share the juicy details via a quick email.)

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Partsnpieces said…

    Wonderful news! CONGRATS!

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Dr. Lisa said…

    Congratulations!!!

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger trillwing said…

    Congratulations!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER