Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Monday, November 07, 2005
My Life ROCKS
Truly, it does. Whenever I have a complaint, will someone please remind me about how much my life really does totally rock?

First, another interview! A phone interview this time, and I will call Small Liberal Arts College (SLAC!) from European Capital City (EEC) on Wednesday afternoon (well, Wednesday night for me, just around midnight). Pretty exciting -- SLAC is a very small school, consistently ranks in the top 50 of the U.S. News Top Liberal Arts Colleges list, and the job seems pretty interesting. I'd actually never heard of it before the postings came out in June, but after talking to some people about it and reading more about it, it looks like a nice place. Sort of in the middle of nowhere (not good), but with plenty of resources. We'll see.

Second, I SO wish I could reveal details here because tomorrow afternoon I get to do something that is so completely awesome (to me, at least, in my discipline). Let's just say that there were only about 40 tickets to this "event," and those tickets were gone months ago. Somehow (mostly because everyone here knows my advisor) I ended up with a ticket. Not just A ticket, but in the front row.

Third, after the totally cool thing happens I have a meeting with a man who will hopefully be able to answer a lot of the questions I have (dissertation-related) and who will also put me in touch with other people to interview. (Very hierarchical system here -- must go through proper channels at all times or you'll be ignored.) This is ultra-great. (Yep. Not just "great," but "ultra-great.")

Fourth, I got a lot of research done today. Good research. No piddling around for once. Hurray for me.

Fifth, I spoke with T via Instant Messenger a few hours ago and he said that ST has been asking about me. I'm so glad! I mean, I'm sad that ST misses me, of course, but I'm also very glad that he's realizing that I'm gone. He's been confused the last few days because my car is still in the garage, and so when ST and T get home for the day ST rushes up to my office to see me. I'm not there, and I guess he's finally wondering where I am and when I'll be back. Just 22 more days, ST! That's not too much longer!
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 11/07/2005 01:23:00 PM  
4 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger BrightStar said…

    congratulations on the phone interview!!!

    it sounds like so much is going well for you right now. that's excellent. Definitely bookmark this post for days when you feel frustrated.

    Yes, hang in there, ST!!!

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Demetri said…

    !!!!!!!!!!!




    It's great to hear things are going so well. At first I was too happy for you to write anything and the exclamation points had to serve.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Prof. Me said…

    B* and Demetri, thanks so much for your encouraging comments. As I'll blog later tonight (it's already almost 8:00pm here) today was AMAZING. Just amazing. I can't believe that I almost decided not to take this trip... that would've been a huge mistake!

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger ABDmom said…

    Sounds like both of us are having good weeks. Yay! :) Definitely let us know how the interview goes!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER