Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Thursday, September 22, 2005
The Stuff of my Life
From Brightstar's:

Stuff I'm supposed to like, but don't:
Brie, the work of Mark Twain and John Steinbeck, C-SPAN (unless Tony Blair or Gerhard Schroeder are speaking, in which case I am fascinated), the Wall Street Journal, merlot and chardonnay, Apple computers (just the actual computers, not the iPods), running regressions on SPSS, talking endlessly about methodology, Elmo's voice (ST loves it, but it drives me nuts), babysitting other people's kids.

Stuff I like, but I'm not supposed to:
Movies with talking animals (e.g., Dr. Doolittle), strawberry- and grape-flavored sodas, Windows, late-night infomercials about miraculous kitchen appliances, teaching undergrads in small liberal arts colleges (see previous post), writing narratives and constructivist arguments (not in this department!), the Wiggles (there's something about Anthony -- can anyone with a toddler back me up on this?!).
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 9/22/2005 03:28:00 PM  
3 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger BrightStar said…

    those are good ones! :) Why are you supposed to like Mark Twain and Steinbeck, though?

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Prof. Me said…

    Just seems like typical American authors to like. Whenever I say I didn't enjoy The Grapes of Wrath or a Twain novel, I meet shocked and dismayed expressions.

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger Demetri said…

    You're not supposed to like merlot and chardonnay. At least not that much. However, grenache and viognier (though not in the same bottle)...now that's some good drinkin'!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER