Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
It's Been a Long, Long Time
I am ashamed to admit that I missed two weeks of running. Two weeks ago I was frantically preparing for and attending the National Conference, last week I was preparing for job applications. Add that to the fact that I usually run in the evenings and T was working late so I had no one to watch ST. Anyway, I was feeling pretty bad about it.

But, today I ran two miles and it felt great. I am pleased to say that I ran almost 10 minutes without stopping to walk! TEN minutes! Just a month ago I could barely go 90 seconds without feeling like I was going to die, so this is big for me. After my initial ten minute stint, I continued the run with four minute run, one minute walk intervals. I ran two miles in 23 minutes.

The bad thing is that my stupid little Sony armband Walkman is dead. T used to use it when he was at the gym and said that it kept fading in and out, so he eventually just stopped taking it. When I started running, I popped in new batteries and it was working fine. Until today. It died about 1/4 mile into my run, and so I spent the rest of the time listening to my own breathing, which was not very motivational. Maybe now is the time to spring for this. (Even T admits that this is the absolute peak of coolness.)
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 9/13/2005 11:49:00 PM  
1 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger AiE said…

    What about an iPod Shuffle? They're cheaper and I think better for activities like running.

    Just found your blog after you commented on mine ... glad to find you!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER