Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Sunday, September 11, 2005
And...Go!
I've had a great, but busy weekend, and the last hour and a half are going to be a flurry of activity. Since T went to the football game on Saturday, I spent most of the day alone with ST and we had so much fun! We slept in, went shopping, had a treat together at the mall (ST's very first Icee), made lunch together, tried to take a nap together but ended up giggling too much and skipping the nap, and then waited for his best friend (M) to come over, as I was babysitting. M arrived at around 3:30pm and she and ST were hilarious as they played together. They are truly two peas in a pod, and listening to their toddler conversations is quite a treat.

ST: M, where's your Mom?

M: She's at a party with Dad.

ST: Did they drive the red Honda? (We drive the exact same Honda as M's parents. Same model, color, year... and only about 5,000 miles different on mileage.)

M: Uh-huh.

ST: Will they eat at the party? (Leave it to ST to ask about food! His favorite subject.)

M: Uh-huh. They'll eat M&Ms and cake.

ST: Do they get presents?

M: Maybe. Maybe a doll. Or some candy! (M is obsessed with M&Ms and colored candy in general)

ST: I like candy! Mom, can we have some candy? (Again with the food!)

Quite amusing, especially considering the fact that M's parents went to a social function for work, and I highly doubt that M&Ms were involved.

Today has been considerably less entertaining. I took ST to Mass with me (always an adventure, but worth it when ST passes a statue of Jesus on the way back from Communion and says, "Hey, Jesus!" and pats the statue's foot!), and when I got home I went straight to work. I had some revisions to do on Chapter Three that I'm still working on, had to cut some now-irrelevant stuff from Chapter One, wrote a cover letter, and finished my teaching evaluation spreadsheet. I'll finish Chapter Three tonight, and hopefully polish off Chapter One as well. The revisions are relatively minor, but they're taking me a long time.

Best get back to work -- lots to do tomorrow!
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 9/11/2005 10:23:00 PM  
1 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger BrightStar said…

    HEY JESUS! I love that!!!

    revising is much harder work than initial writing, I think. good luck with it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER