Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Everybody's Doing It
Saw this all over the place (Cheeky, New Kid, ABD, Itinerant); might as well be one of the "cool kids" and do it, too.

1. First name: _____ _______ _______
2. Were you named after anyone? No.
3. Do you wish on stars? No.
4. When did you last cry? When ST moved into a big boy bed, in June.
5. Do you like your handwriting? Love it. People call it a "font."
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Don't like lunch meats, period.
7. What is your most embarrassing CD? Soundtrack to The Sound of Music. And no, I don't know how to solve a problem like Maria.
8. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? I think so.
9. Do you have a journal? Yes, but I use this more. The other journal is for ST.
10. Do you use sarcasm a lot? YES.
11. What are your nicknames? T calls me "Chief," which I rather like.
12. Would you bungee jump? Would love to!
13. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I usually wear slip-ons.
14. Do you think that you are strong? Not in the muscular sense, but in every other way, yes.
15. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Mint chocolate chip (chocolate ice cream with Andes mints crushed in it) or peanut butter cup (preferably when I make it myself)
16. Shoe Size? 8-8 1/2 depending on the brand.
17. Red or pink? Red
18. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? My nose. It's the "family" nose, and it's too big.
19. Who do you miss most? My immediate family, who I only see twice a year.
20. Do you want everyone you send this to, to send it back? Huh? I copied it.
21. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Khaki shorts, no shoes
22. What are you listening to right now? The air conditioner and my computer fan.
23. Last thing you ate? A salad, Italian Potato Cake, and a slice of Blueberry Buckle.
24. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Dark blue
25. What is the weather like right now? Unbearably hot and humid (91 degrees)
26. Last person you talked to on the phone? My husband
27. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Smile
28. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I copied it because I'm a dork.
29. Favorite Drink? Chocolate milk, especially chocolate soy milk.
30. Favorite Sport? If you read Monday's post, it's soon to be running.
31. Hair Color? Auburn
32. Eye Color? Very light blue
33. Do you wear contacts? No
34. Favorite Food? Nectarines and blueberries
35. Last Movie You Watched? Disney's Dinosaurs! with ST
36. Favorite Day Of The Year? Easter
37. Scary Movies Or Happy Endings? Happy endings
38. Summer Or Winter? Winter
39. Hugs OR Kisses? Hugs
40. What Is Your Favorite Dessert? Anything with berries in it, or pudding.
41. Who Is Most Likely To Respond? After I complete this, there will be no one left who hasn't done it.
42. Who Is Least Likely To Respond? Blah.
43. What Books Are You Reading? A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute (see my Australian Literature Project in the sidebar) ; some other dissertaton-related stuff.
44. What's On Your Mouse Pad? I have a laptop, so no separate mouse pad
45. What Did You Watch Last night on TV? National Geographic channel while I was ironing
46. Favorite Smells? Ripe nectarines, or ST's Lavender Bedtime Bath
47. Favorite Sounds? ST giggling hysterically, rain on the windows
48. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles
49. What's the furthest you've been from home? Europe
50. Do you have a special talent? I play the flute
51. What is your ring tone? Nearly the last person on earth without a cell phone.
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 8/09/2005 12:58:00 PM  
0 Words of Wisdom:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER