Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Thursday, August 11, 2005
The Bottom of the Barrel
Still revising. Am making significant progress -- Chapter Two WILL be done tonight (positive thinking). And this is the FINAL revision. Hurray!

BUT, I am desperate for dark chocolate (the only chocolate I eat). I don't know why, but all of a sudden I have this insatiable craving for Lindt Excellence 70%. This is how desperate I am: I just made myself a cup of hot chocolate (yes, it's still 81 degrees, but anyway) using baking chocolate. How lame is that? Baking chocolate. That's like drinking cooking wine.

However, if baking chocolate keeps me writing at a good clip, I will grin and bear it.

I am looking forward to a Chapter Two-Free Day tomorrow. And to buying myself some decent chocolate.
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 8/11/2005 08:36:00 PM  
1 Words of Wisdom:
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger BrightStar said…

    perhaps I will try the baking chocolate if it's an effective source of caffeine. I'm all for new sources of caffeine in my life. 50% of the Brightness in BrightStar is owed to caffeine, really and truly.

    I hope your revisions go well!

    I've thought about resorting to drinking cooking wine when I really wanted alcohol. But I didn't go there.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER