Acade(me)

The dissertation was only the beginning.

People & Places
T: Amazing Husband
ST: Three-year-old Wonder
Prof. G: Advisor I
Prof. C: Advisor II
Julie: Stylish Sister
Rob: Awesome Brother
Belle: Our Cat
Bill: Grumbling BIL
Rita: Uncomplicated SIL
SMU: Smallish Midwestern University
Doctoral University: where I got my Ph.D.
Technical
Blogwise - blog directory
Drop Me A Line
academeblog AT gmail.com
Quote of the Day
Sunday, July 31, 2005
My SuperToddler
N is cracking me up today (he does every day, but today was especially funny):

At Mass, he decided he wanted to go up to the front of the church with me for Communion. I received my host and popped it in my mouth, and he stared up at me and said, very sweetly, "Mom, I want an onion, too!" I don't know where he got the idea that we went up to the front of the church to get onions, but I laughed so hard I almost spit the host out right on the altar. That would not have been good form!

We just bought him the LeapFrog "Fridge Phonics" set, which is a magnetic alphabet toy. You put a magnetic letter into this little reader, and the reader tells you what the letter is and sings a song about it. N has been putting letters in all day, and then prancing around making the sounds and singing the alphabet. When he did "N," I told him that his name starts with an "nnnnn" sound, and that other words did, too. The word "nincompoop" (or however you spell it) was one of my words, and now N is saying it CONSTANTLY and cracking up each time he does. "Dad, you're a nincompoop. I'm a nincompoop! Mom's a nincompoop!"

Whenever he's had a dirty diaper today and I ask him if he wants to be changed, he says, "No, Mom. Don't smell me! Don't smell me! I'm stinky -- go away!" This morning he ventured onto his potty chair telling me he had to poop. He sat down, let out a little gas, checked to see if he'd left anything in the potty, let out more gas, checked, more gas, checked... it was funny. Then he gave up and walked out of the bathroom, naked, and was tooting as he walked to his bedroom. Each time he tooted, he'd touch his butt with his hands to make sure he wasn't pooping as he walked. I was literally on the floor laughing. Who knew potty training would be this entertaining?

He has now just come into my office saying, "Mom, I need the computer. I have to check my email." Oh, the sponge that is my two-year old. Amazing how much that child retains!
Posted with care by Prof. Me @ 7/31/2005 07:15:00 PM  
0 Words of Wisdom:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Post History
Archives
Favorite Web Destinations
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER